On June 14, the Food Safety Committee of the State Council issued the key work arrangements for food safety in 2019.
- Formulate 1000 pesticide residue standards and 100 veterinary drug residue standards, revise the national standard on permitted level of moisture in pork, strengthen the revision of grain and oil standards for wheat, wheat flour and soybeans.
- Strengthen food safety risk monitoring and assessment, and carry out environmental risk monitoring of edible forest products and origins
- Phase-out of 10 high toxic pesticides in five years
- Expand the Pilot Range of Construction of Quality and Safety Traceability System for Infant Formula Milk Powder
- Incorporate import and export food enterprises into the import and export credit management